BOOK HOLIDAY PROGRAM HERE!
Wildlings Forest School
Youth Ave, Burnside
We meet at the Sunshine Coast PCYC. Head to the oval side of the PCYC and wait for us under the green little athletics shed. Please ensure your waterbottles are full and that you utilise the toilets whilst you are here as there aren't any loos or drinking water in the forest. Whilst we have a fantastic relationship with the PCYC, we are not affiliated with them. If you get lost, or have any questions upon arrival, please contact us/speak to our staff to avoid disrupting the PCYC staff. We appreciate your help in this, as we wouldn't be able to run our programs without their generous support.
Age: 7-15 years (Children under 7 are welcome to attend for the regular price with an accompanying adult)
- Food and water for the day
- Long pants (compulsory)
- Closed in shoes - aqua shoes, gumboots or runners they can get wet (compulsory)
- Towel & swimmers
- Rain gear in wet weather
- A change of clothes in case children utilise the creek.
In order to finalise our resources and staffing we require 48 hours notice for all cancellations to qualify for a refund or change of date. Please do not ask staff for flexibility on this policy as refusal may cause offence. Because our fees, resources and staffing are based on particular ratios, we unfortunately cannot offer ‘make up’ days or offer refunds if your child is absent.
- We are an all weather activity, so please pack wet weather gear (rain jacket, rain pants, gumboots) if the forecast is predicting rain.
- This is a drop off activity, however parents are more than welcome to stay.
- Activities are planned to last for approximately half of the three hour session. Most activities will last the whole three hours, whilst some may last one hour, or just half an hour before the children decide to go and climb a tree, throw rocks in the creek or build a cubby house instead. We are child-led, meaning we will follow the interests of your child/ren. So please be aware that whilst you may sign your child up for a particular activity with a particular end product in mind, your child may find something else far more interesting to do!
Please contact us via email with any queries you may have (rather than Facebook messenger or comments/Instagram if you can help it) at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can keep all our communications in one place. We are often out of range or in the forest running activities (particularly during the holidays), so most of our administration work is done after hours. Thank you for your understanding!
Raft Buildling Workshop: Will you sink or will you float?
Wildlings Forest School welcomes you to come and build your own boats and rafts to float down the idyllic Petrie Creek!
Children will have full (supervised) use of our hand tools (including bow saws, hammers, hand drills etc), a myriad of natural resources, building and craft materials to build their very own miniature or life-sized raft to float down Petrie Creek. This is a wet activity where half the fun is failing!
Come and help us build CUBBY TOWN! Teepees, thatched hideouts, tree dens and more! The forest is the perfect place to create secret spaces, hidden away from the world. We will provide guidance, inspiration, a myriad of ropes, sheets, raw materials like palm fronds and bamboo to create a town of cubbies fit for any wild adventurer. Children will have full (supervised) use of our hand tools (including bow saws, pen knives, hammers, hand drills etc), a myriad of natural resources, building and craft materials for your child to use as their imagination desires.
Join us as we teach you the art of whittling so that you can create your own primitive weapons for imaginary play. Ideas include spears, knives, swords and mallets all carved from wood you will saw down yourself! Children will have full (supervised) use of our hand tools (including bow saws, pen knives, hammers, hand drills etc), a myriad of natural resources and craft materials to use as their imagination desires.